FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need definitions for...

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.
Need definitions for...
on Sep 21, 2006 at 5:50:51 pm

Hello Cows,

Can anyone tell me what these mean? I tried to google them but it did not work.

4:3 centere punched

4:3 anamorphic squeeze

Upconverting SD to HD

Up-res

Also, can you upconvert any video type to look "better?"

TIA

Sam

Return to posts index

tony salgado
Re: Need definitions for...
on Sep 22, 2006 at 5:13:47 am

4x3 center punched- extracting the 4x3 center portion from a 16x9 anamorphic image. Allow for generating a 4x3 image from the 16x9 anamorphic material which could be standard def or high def.

4x3 anamorphic squeezed- method to record a 16x9 anamorphic image into a 4x3 area. The result is the images are tall and skinned (ie squeezed and will be unsqueezed during post or via a monitor)

Upconverting SD to HD- the post production process of uprezzing standard definition image to high definition ie standard def 720x486 to High def 1080x1920. Process is more complicated when dealing with different frame rates ie 60i to 24P.

Up res - upsample or upconvert from a lower to higher quality codec, format or standard. ie uprez from standard def to HD, uprez from dv to 8 bit uncompressed codec.

Up converting any format is best done when the original material was progressive to start off with ie Standard def best done with progressive scan 4:2:2 720x486 material to High def 4:2:2 1080P, 720P or 1080i. Lesser quality when you start with interlace 4:1:1 and uprez to HD 4:2:2 progressive or HD interlace.

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]