FORUMS: list search recent posts

DV AVI recompressing? Loss or nonloss?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Connell
DV AVI recompressing? Loss or nonloss?
on Sep 19, 2006 at 9:06:59 am

If I grab a microsoft dv .avi video file from my camera, edit it and resave as another microsoft dv .avi, will there be any loss or compression difference?

Daniel.

Return to posts index

rafalaos
Re: DV AVI recompressing? Loss or nonloss?
on Sep 19, 2006 at 9:38:46 am

If your image is exported without rendering shouldn't be any loos from the original. When the film i s rendered is re-compressed. This doesn't meen a loos, because if you had made a color correction your film will look better. But imagin that you just crop a little your image. Your image is rendered and recompressed. It don't gonna look better than the orginal.
I made few test with DV files (in FC) to see the loos in quality with few generations. I couldn't apreciate any loos in the first gerations, but after de second generation, the degradation of the picture was noticeable. In PP I don't know, but in FC, when you export you can choose "Recompress film' or not. If you choose yes, all the image is recompressed. If not, only the images that you have transformed or applied filters are re-compressed.
Normaly I film and edit MiniDV, but when I export I use a better codec tu keep what you have done in post-production. If you go export as DV, you waist a lot of what you have got. Only back to DV to "print to video". When I master a DVD I export with 10b Uncompress or so to keep all the color correction results and god graphics.
Salud,
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]