FORUMS: list search recent posts

starting to learn this stuff...??

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mvaughan
starting to learn this stuff...??
on Sep 18, 2006 at 4:03:52 am

hello,

I am starting an internship at a post facility and i was curious if there was any literature or tutorials that i could look at on my own to speed up my learning process on the different kinds of video formats, downconverting, timecode, etc.

thank you for your time

Return to posts index

Frank Otto
Re: starting to learn this stuff...??
on Sep 18, 2006 at 8:32:23 pm

Welcome to the COW.

Start your process here...read the archives of some of the forums that interest you, and check out the COW's many tutorials and papers. Check out the Tutorial, Feature and Archive links.

Also on this site you'll find links to other sites that can further your knowledge on specific technology and techniques. Links on the COW to advertisers can link you to instruction manuals, user documents and the like on the manufacturer's websites.

And when you have a question that isn't readily answered, you can always ask in one of the forums.

I honestly don't think you can find a better resource than this one.

Return to posts index

tony salgado
Re: starting to learn this stuff...??
on Sep 19, 2006 at 9:01:06 am

Kindly ask the engineering department if you could read the operation manuals of the gear you will be exposed to so that you could start to get a grasp on the specific gear.

In addition check the websites of the various manufacturers who have equipment at the facility you will be interning at and see if they have any information or teaching materials available for download.

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]