FORUMS: list search recent posts

Plasma or lcd

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jose Amavizca
Plasma or lcd
on Aug 9, 2006 at 6:38:11 pm

I need help deciding wich is the right option for us, we want to include a plasma o lcd screen as part of a TV set (as many tv shows this days...), but I need to know wich ones are going to work for me, I've heard that some tv's have a color shift or lines going across the screen, please, if some one can help me deciding wich is the best technology?

Return to posts index

Shaun
Re: Plasma or lcd
on Aug 13, 2006 at 6:56:24 pm

Hi,

We have three studios. I'm not a technician or broadcast engineer, merely a Director, so I can only really give you an artistic opinion on things as opposed to technical. We have three differing screen technologies spread throughout our studios:-
Single projector rear projector screens
Multiple cube array rear projector untits
Plasma screens

Out of all of them, and assuming the correct cc units and synchronisers are present the plasma screen (our are 63 inch) deliver consistently the best picture quality both in luminance terms, colour and crispness.

The RP units bloom then the bulbs start to die away slowly but luminance issues constantly need addressing (I appreciate you weren't asking about RP technology but I feel like grinding this particular axe right now :o) I would steer clear of them personally, IMHO. Oh, and RP units of the single projector kind require heaps of space even when using a mirror system to reduce the throw. Grrr - my precious studio space whittled down by poor purchases (not by me I might add!).

Plasma each and every time for me. We run our studios live for 17 hours each and every day of the year, and in three years have not had one single hitch. Great picture quality, require very little space (special consideration must be given to their weight though) and dont suffer any drop-off with viewing angles.

Just my two pennies worth.

Hope that helps.
Shaun

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]