Live Mixing using DigiBeta

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
pablito
Live Mixing using DigiBeta
on Jun 15, 2006 at 6:33:53 pm

Hi,
I worked as video technician for a theatre company needing video projections on big screens. I stuedied on my own and I always used prosumer equipement (such as Edirol V4 as mixer, PC or Mac for video playback, sometimes DV VTRs). A friend of mine asked me to help him because his video technician had family problems (and actually I can't contact him)... He wants to make a show using footage on 2 different Digital Betacam Tapes and a video mixer to switch or fade between the 2 sources...
Usually they use composite video output... What are major problems related to this kind of video set up?
Will I need to use Genlock to correctly mix or switch between these sources? So will I need a mixer with a genlock input? Can I avoid using Genlock or so on? Do anyone think is something too difficult to do for a newbie?
I have to decide and accept or not this job and I nedd some advice... I told my friend I've never done something like this before but he seems he wants me to do this job...
Please help me!
thanks
pablito

Return to posts index

pablito
Re: Live Mixing using DigiBeta
on Jun 16, 2006 at 9:04:02 am

Ok, problem solved! I got a technical scheme of the previous set up and it was very simple...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]