FORUMS: list search recent posts

See through whiteboard

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony4x4
See through whiteboard
on Jun 15, 2006 at 3:02:12 pm

Hi there,

I am never too sure where to post certain topics, so please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong area.

I am sure many of you have experianced the problems of videoing a presentation / teaching that involves a whiteboard. I saw on TV the other day a church using a see through whitebaord and they used a white marker to write on it. Has any one seen these or know where to source them?

Thanks

Tony

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: See through whiteboard
on Jun 15, 2006 at 3:54:35 pm

I can immediately think of two very effective see-through white board materials: glass and plexiglass.

Contact a local art supply store or an office supply store to see what kind of white erasable markers are on the market.

Mounting the board? Well, you're on your own there.

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: See through whiteboard
on Jun 16, 2006 at 1:17:10 pm

And on a related issue: LIGHTING.

I've seen some presentations where the glare on the whiteboard made the graphic unreadable. On a whiteboard or plexiglas be sure all camera angles (including reverse) are glare free. Tilting the board slightly forward/down on the mount is a start.

This is similar to several Navy movies (aircraft carriers-submarines) where plans or locations are plotted and shot through the board to talent. Proper lighting creates a great effect.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS2
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]