FORUMS: list search recent posts

Watching Church program in two countries at the same time

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Boampong
Watching Church program in two countries at the same time
on May 31, 2006 at 10:47:24 pm

A church in Ghana, West Africa, wants to broadcast its sermon, live, to a sister church in Germany. Each church wants to be able to see the other on screen at the same time. What equipment would we need to set up this live link? Can this be done over the internet?

Thanks, Dave

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: Watching Church program in two countries at the same time
on Jun 1, 2006 at 2:49:36 pm

Hi Dave
We did this during Promise Keepers at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC several years ago. For a short time we connected via Vyvx fiber link to the Promise Keepers event in Denver, Colorado. This was done on JumboTron screens in both venues. I would expect you could do this via satellite with the attendant .6 sec time delay on the satellite link. I doubt the internet would be able to pass live video of any appreciable size at this point.

I'm not sure if each church wants to see more than the speaker and if so it would require a remote truck in each location to feed the switched cameras to the satellite that would send and recieve the signals. HTH

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS2
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

mark Suszko
on Jun 10, 2006 at 4:53:22 pm

Internet streaming, the cheapest way, would create too much delay for doing something simultaneous like singing the same hymn together. The times I've worked on streaming live feeds, the delay builds over time to something like 4-6 minutes behind realtime. You start in synch, but inside of ten minutes the delay becomes impossible to cope with for singing a duet.

Satelite broadcast delay, same problem, but it's a short, fixed amount of delay. You can simulate one side being in perfect synchronization with the other, but you'd be faking it, and I don't know how it could be made duplex/bi-directonal.

Analog video over a dedicated land phoneline/cable might reduce the delay to a useable level,to where it only seems like a bothersome echo, if the overall distance is shorter than the 22,000-mile up and down path for the satellite. This may be difficult to arrange these days though.

Return to posts index

ccsmith7
on Oct 30, 2006 at 11:47:01 pm

There is a company named HSVideo in the US that gives you broadcast quality video. Here is there link. The web site is under construction, but it gives you an email and a phone number to contact someone. http://highspeedvideo.us/

That is if you are still interested.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]