FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monitor Looks a Little Green

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam
Monitor Looks a Little Green
by
on Apr 13, 2006 at 1:07:44 am

I've calibrated my Panasonic BT-H1390YN two different ways.

First way:

I went through my DSR-1500A S-Video connection and ran DV through firewire from my Mac G5. I was able to calibrate it nicely.

Second way:

I went through my Decklink HD Pro (Single Link) using component cables. After calibrating to bars, the image appears to have a light tint of green.

I'm not sure why. Can anyone help?

Adam

Return to posts index

michael d
Re: Monitor Looks a Little Green
on Apr 13, 2006 at 6:22:35 am

I have a DeckLink Pro card (SD) and have a green tint. The tint is visible primarily on black and white files and primarily through the component out of the card rather than through the composite out. You might want to review the thread initiated by davemcc on 3 April on this forum and the thread initiated by Kai on 23 March on the Decklink forum for more information. I alerted Blackmagic to this problem three times since June of last year. Their support has not been able to duplicate the problem and I have just received authorization to return my card for repair and/or replacement. You want to compare the view in the monitor through both the composite out and the component out of the card and you want to check for any ground loop problems. If no loop problems and if the composite out is clean but the component out has the green tint then you may want to contact Blackmagic about repairing or replacing he card. Good luck. By the way, I have a JVC BM-H1310SU monitor which I believe is similar to the Panasonic monitor you have.

michael d

Return to posts index

Adam
Re: Monitor Looks a Little Green
by
on Apr 13, 2006 at 12:41:21 pm

Thanks a lot. I will read those posts and contact them.

Adam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]