FORUMS: list search recent posts

DSR-1500AP deck - DVCPRO over 1394?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RooMachell
DSR-1500AP deck - DVCPRO over 1394?
on Feb 21, 2006 at 11:59:15 am

Hi all,

Can someone comfirm for me that the Sony DSR-1500AP will definitely playback DVCPRO tapes and send the DVCPRO data over its FireWire output? I have downloaded all the Sony DSR-1xxx(A)(P)/2000(A)(P) manuals and, sure enough, the 1394 is muted when playing back DVCPRO on all except the 1500A(P), although it doesn't explicitly say that it does pipe the DVCPRO data out of the 1394 port on the 1500A(P).

The concern I have if this does work is that I am in the UK so my DVCPRO is 4:1:1 yet the 1500AP would be dealing with 4:2:0 in DV and DVCAM so does it resample the DVCPRO and end up with 4:1:0? I am aiming to capture into Avid XPress Pro and/or Final Cut Express.

I have searched various forums and have not yet found a definitive answer.

Any answers would be much appreciated as I will be hiring such a deck and need to know for definite before I hire. Incidentally, if anyone can recommend somewhere near High Wycombe, Bucks (preferably not London) to hire one from ...

Cheers,

Roo

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
Re: DSR-1500AP deck - DVCPRO over 1394?
on Feb 21, 2006 at 12:51:21 pm

Roo -

Why not go with a DVCPro deck? An AJ-SD93 might be the perfect deck for you. And though you can't record in DVCAM, you can certainly can play the format back. I can't comment on where to pick one up, since I have'nt lived in the UK for 12 years...

Jon

"So you want to throw out the old you - but the old you is old enough to know it won't make it better"
Del Amitri - "Make it Better"

Return to posts index

RooMachell
Re: DSR-1500AP deck - DVCPRO over 1394?
on Feb 21, 2006 at 1:46:05 pm

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your suggestion. I can't find anywhere that has a DVCPRO deck with 1394, other than the AJ-HD1200A. Hire companies charge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]