FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broadcast Monitor Specs

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Curtis Savage
Broadcast Monitor Specs
on Feb 17, 2006 at 5:53:15 pm

I need to invest in a proper broadcast monitor that can be calibrated for a documentary I am editing.

However, I am totally uneducated on what to look for as far as specs. Does anybody know of a good internet resource.

As well, there is a tight budget so is it possible to find a decent monitor for under $1000? Or is that a ridiculous question! Man, these monitors are pricey....

Thanks,
Curtis

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
Re: Broadcast Monitor Specs
on Feb 17, 2006 at 6:32:34 pm

Go to ebay. Ebay CAN be your friend...

Look for any Sony CRT model starting with BVW, and at least 13". Sony no longer manufactures CRT's so you may find some incredibly good deals. Ikegami's are good, as are Panasonics. I'd stay away from LCD's. I've heard good things about the new (read expensive) Panasonic plasma's, but I have no experience with them. Make sure it has the connections you need (RGB, SVideo, etc.)

Jon

"So you want to throw out the old you - but the old you is old enough to know it won't make it better"
Del Amitri - "Make it Better"

Return to posts index

Curtis Savage
on Feb 20, 2006 at 8:53:19 pm

Okay thanks Jon. I'll check it out.

And what about any good resouces for learning about how to proper calibrate a monitor and specs to look for when purchasing?

Curtis

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
on Feb 20, 2006 at 11:27:54 pm

http://www.videouniversity has a good one, and I'm sure you'll find one here if you do a search...

Jon

"So you want to throw out the old you - but the old you is old enough to know it won't make it better"

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on Feb 21, 2006 at 11:11:11 pm

You may have already noticed that BVW is a BetaCam SP machine. BVM is the broadcast monitor series.
We have the 20" and it's very nice.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS2
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
on Feb 23, 2006 at 1:00:44 am

[Del Holford] "You may have already noticed that BVW is a BetaCam SP machine."

Whoops! BVV, BVW, BVP, BVM - it all meant 'expensive'!

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]