FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tech Reports & Audio Levels

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xtothed
Tech Reports & Audio Levels
on Feb 10, 2006 at 5:44:48 pm

Hi all,

I have two queries...that in some ways are related.

I have edited and dumped down a TV commerical onto Beta SP, PAL 16:9 - via Final Cut Pro, Blackmagic Decklink and into the UWP 1800.

My audio levels in FCP are set to - 18db. That is for the bars and tone, as well as the commercial peaking at just over this level as well. I then set this level upto 4 on my PPMs and into the Beta Recorder. It does look a low on the Beta's levels and I have had complaints about the level being low on the tape. Am I doing all of this correctly? How can I assure that the -18db in Final Cut is -18bd on the tape.

Secondly - the tech report - I have a tech reports with aspect ratio, programme codes, audio levels etc. - which I fill out accordingly. But I obviously I am not sure that what I am putting, in regard the audio especially, is correct. On top of this, in order for the commercial to be broadcast, I transfer the Beta SP to Digi Beta with another company. They are acting as the quality control at the moment (with regards the sound) but obviously I want to make sure I am giving them the right information and content on the tape.

Hope someone can help - I will also post this in the Blackmagic and FCP forums.

Thank you.

Xavier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]