FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dead pixels on camera. Concerned..

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frankie
Dead pixels on camera. Concerned..
on Feb 4, 2006 at 5:04:43 am

I'm new to this forum and not sure if this is the right place to post this question.

I'm checking out a second hand camera to buy. A Sony DSR 570 which is a DVCam unit. The seller wants $12,500 AUS for it. It's a discontinued model which is replaced by the DSR450 which retails new for $17,500.

Anyway, the camera is in good condition and I know the seller well. It has 800 total hours and 200 head hours and is almost 2 years old.

My concern is that I noticed 2 dead pixels. One is only visible on 9db and the other is barely visible on 0db. So barely visible that if I move the camera while looking at the monitor I forget where it was.

Should these dead pixels be of concern to me? Are they a sign that the camera is just starting to get 'old' maybe and there will be trouble around the corner or is it normal to have a few dead pixels here and there? Oh by the way, the camera was on for 2hrs before I did the test

Should I simply fork out the extra $5000 and buy a new unit?

-Frankie

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
Re: Dead pixels on camera. Concerned..
on Feb 6, 2006 at 5:23:25 am

Do they go away when you black balance? On some Sony cameras, there is circuitry that will mask dead pixels when you BB. Try that and see what you get...

Jon

"So you want to throw out the old you - but the old you is old enough to know it won't make it better"
Del Amitri - "Make it Better"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]