FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Right SOURCE

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Wilfong
The Right SOURCE
on Jan 27, 2006 at 2:43:12 pm

Can anyone recommend a book/magazine/newsletter/e-sources/etc....that is a comprehensive learning tool for anything broadcast...I'm an editor looking to brush up my knowledge of HD/SD/SDI/Firewire/KONA/EVERYTHING...like most of you out there I want to know anything and everything I possibly can about this wonderful field of expertise we all so casually share...It's very important to keep at the forefront of the field and that's exactly what I intend on doing...

Thanks in advance...
Michael W.

Return to posts index

Charlie King
Re: The Right SOURCE
on Jan 27, 2006 at 6:02:25 pm

Personally, I don't know of any book that covers all of that. I subscribe to TV Technology Magazine, Video Systems Magazine, Broadcast Management and Engineering Magazine, and The new Creative Cow magazine. Other than that you have come to "The Right Source" The Cow is a wealth of information. Just ask lots of questions, and never feel that a question is too dumb to ask, the only dumb question is the one not asked.

Charlie

ProductionKing Video Services
Unmarked Door Productions
Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to posts index

Richard Allen
Re: The Right SOURCE
on Feb 2, 2006 at 2:38:52 pm

When I went back to school, I used some books that I still use today. I would say if you nose around at a local university with a video production department you might find something pretty solid. I'll look tonight for the books I still hold onto. Another place to look is the "SAM" professional encyclopedia series. I know they do professional audio and I'm sure they do broadcast video. GREAT reference stuff.

Just my to cents.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]