FORUMS: list search recent posts

ipod look stock footage?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
BRIAN
ipod look stock footage?
on Jan 25, 2006 at 11:30:16 pm

Hi. I am producing a corp video in the style of the ipod commercials (high contrast silos
on green screen) I need some background footage of people standing around speaking with one another. Just silos.

Anyone know where I can purchase that?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: ipod look stock footage?
on Jan 26, 2006 at 12:33:31 am

I bet for the price you'd pay to get the poses you want from stock pictures, you'd be able to get a few people together and shoot them in poses and positions that are actually useful to you. You'd be paying for a LOT of shots that would be useless to you on a photo CD, and you'd have to take a lot of time searching for poses if you got them piecemeal.

Lighting is a snap: get a white backgound, light the background, and pose the people a fair distance out from the background. Don't have the facilities? Go to a commercial photographer and let them get the shots for you, or rent the studio space and shoot it yourself.

Return to posts index

BRIAN
sounds like a good idea!
on Jan 26, 2006 at 6:56:05 am

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: sounds like a good idea!
on Jan 26, 2006 at 4:25:38 pm

There is a stock company that supplies generic footage of people with alpha channel masks already included, I want to say it's VEER, but It may be someone else. Still, I too would probably "roll my own", it would be faster, cheaper, and more closely resemble your actual vision of the shot because you arranged it.

In a pinch (like it's late at night already and due in the morning)
you can use Poser to create a quick individual shadow or a whole crowd and render as shilouettes. This is good for one of those foreground elements of people in front of a stage. Old versions of Poser are free downloads and sometimes given away in magazines like DIGIT or COMPUTER ARTS. I think half my graphics tools at home came out of the free giveaway versions from those mags:-)

Too, you and one other person can be layered dozens of times in most compositing programs.

Return to posts index

George Socka
Re: sounds like a good idea!
on Jan 27, 2006 at 10:54:08 pm

Hemera in their retail packages of 5 billion plus photo objects. Under $100 at Staples up here. Their other stock is expensive. They work great in Flash as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]