FORUMS: list search recent posts

stable black BVW-75 betasp

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michelle De Long
stable black BVW-75 betasp
on Jan 6, 2006 at 6:09:42 pm

I can't remember how to loop a stable reference signal from a Sony BVW-75. I do not have a black burst generator. I am using an old analog NLE editing system and trying to digitize in and record out to tape through component. I am using an old Media 100. I have component in and out and composite in and out from the editing system and of course component in and out and composite in and out on the Sony BVE-75

I know that it has something to do with the component Y in or out on the deck being used for the signal, but I just can't remember how. Been working way to much in digital video lately.

Thanks!!!!

Return to posts index

Charlie King
Re: stable black BVW-75 betasp
on Jan 6, 2006 at 6:26:32 pm

Been awhile for me too, but as best as I remember loop composite video out to reference in.

Charlie

ProductionKing Video Services
Unmarked Door Productions
Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to posts index

Thax
Re: stable black BVW-75 betasp
by
on Jan 6, 2006 at 10:39:53 pm

Close, but not quite. (If you meant to say the "OUTPUT".)

You should not send the OUTPUT from the DECK, BACK into itself.
That would invite some spectacular "rolling sync" effects as the deck attempted to "chase itself".

The better way is to simply send the INCOMING video first to the SYNC in, then loop THAT into the VIDEO INPUT (turn OFF the 75 ohm termination on the SYNC loop, but turn it ON at the VIDEO INPUT.)

This way, when you are playing a source, the deck will sync to it.

Another very simple and reliable SYNC source is to just turn on ANY camcorder with no tape in it (even a home video unit will work) and send its output to the SYNC input on the deck. The video from the "sitting" camcorder will be very stable (just like a black burst generator.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]