FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which Would You Choose?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
KTWilliams
Which Would You Choose?
on Dec 29, 2005 at 2:19:16 am

Small, "one-man band" kinda guy that must cover County Commissioner meetings.
Which set-up would you choose & why? Budget is limitless.

NewTek VT4
Globecaster
or
Broadcast Pix?

Return to posts index

Golf Guy
Re: Which Would You Choose?
on Dec 29, 2005 at 3:27:52 am

KT,

What's the question...small one man band or what? I've shot as a one man band for well over a decade now. In fact, I spent 3 years doing my own "live" shots in a large market, with the help of a special live truck (well it wasn't all that special) but not even the best engineers, truck operators, camera-people, reporters, news directors, you name it could tel the difference. It all has to do with the individual. Yes, there are many "one man bands", but few who can do it all and do it well!

Return to posts index

Devin Crane
on Dec 30, 2005 at 12:01:58 pm

Ikegami DNS series. The more you can stay away from tape the better. If your a Mac guy they are coming out with a MXF solution like the XDcams. If your a PC guy it's copatible with Avid and several others. We just bought the DNS-33 Editcam and am so glad we didn't go with XDcam.

Return to posts index

maxrez
on Jan 13, 2006 at 2:02:28 am

KT Williams,

To start I wouldn't have either piece of equipment in a control room situation. Globcaster not bad, but not reliable in my opinion. I have been a one-man band Government Access coordinator for about 9 years and had a partner in crime for three of them. I have set-up three control rooms with remote pan and tilt systems. I just remodelled a facility I am at currently and stuck with the Panasonic equipment. At the first facility we installed a Vinten pan and tilt system, which was definitely the Rolls of the pan and tilt systems. Your cameras and switchers could go a number of ways. The current facility we have Panasonic MX-70 switchers, Compix Media character generators, Panasonic DVD and SVHS recorders, Videotek waveform/vectorscopes and Videotek APM audio monitors with Ikegami TM-9 Monitors on a Windsted console. Real solid but reasonible. Tell me a little about what you are trying to do with your facility. How many camera? Are you upgrading audio equipment? Let me know.

Steve

Return to posts index

carolyn entricht
on Apr 13, 2009 at 9:34:54 pm

Steve,

I read your note. I am trying to upgrade to a better cg for my govenment access channel control room. I noticed that you use the compix cg. Would you recommend that one and why?
I need to do crawls, lower thirds with banners, full screen graphics.
Thank you

cwe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]