FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live switcher and other odds and ends

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mazuroo
Live switcher and other odds and ends
on Dec 19, 2005 at 11:23:29 pm

Hello all, I have not posted on the Cow in quite some while; I love that pasture smell. Anywoo. I am working on a touring musical production that would like to have some live switching and keying in the show. Here is my proposed set up:

TBD Camera (3ccd prosumer probably)
Reflecmedia LiteRing
Reflecmedia ChromaFlex

Newtek VT4 - To handle switching and keying

Scaler TBD (to scale up to RGBHV)

Output for Audience will be (2) 50" Plasma's and (1) 9'x16' Projection Screen

We are not so worried obtaining the perfect key, which will be over some footage that will play back from the internal HD of the VT4. We are only using the (1) cam input, everything else will play back internally fromthe VT4

My quandry is this: The plasma screens are in 16:9 and we are thinking about putting the projection screen in the same format in order to maintain the "film" feel that the production desires. I do not want to stretch the footage to fill the plasmas, can I work in a 16:9 format in the VT4 and ultimately what do you guys think is the best way to achieve this with a budget like the gear above?

Thanks in advance and if this is the wrong forum, please point me in the right direction.

Return to posts index

nightdesigns
Re: Live switcher and other odds and ends
on Dec 21, 2005 at 9:08:09 pm

Pusedo 16x9 is my suggestion. use 4x3 equiment and just letterbox the projector and scale the video on the monitor.. That'd be the cheapest way to do it.

Return to posts index

Mazuroo
Re: Live switcher and other odds and ends
on Dec 22, 2005 at 3:04:06 pm

Bummer, I was thinking of that as my last resort, but it looks like that is all we have. Thanks for you help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]