FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic AJ-SD930 error? Anyone? Help?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reins
Panasonic AJ-SD930 error? Anyone? Help?
on Dec 16, 2005 at 5:31:37 pm

My Panasonic deck just stopped working. It gives me an error message of E-9. Anyone know what this means? I tried different tapes and I've cycled power. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Re: Panasonic AJ-SD930 error? Anyone? Help?
on Dec 16, 2005 at 5:43:27 pm

An E09 message means that you have no signal. So either your tape needs to be rewound to where there is signal, the heads needs to be cleans as there is too much gunk in the way and the signal can't make it though, or you simply have a bad tape.

Try putting a regular tape in, push play, and then push the shuttle, this will rub up against the heads, and in somecases I have seen this clean enough gunk away and have it solve the problem. Or use a head cleaning tape.

Good Luck,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, DVCPRO, DVCPRO50, AG-DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

tony salgado
Re: Panasonic AJ-SD930 error? Anyone? Help?
on Dec 17, 2005 at 5:00:59 pm

Kevin,

FYI Use extreme caution when using any head cleaning tape on any vcr. It should be used as a last resort and not as a standard replacement to the procedure of manual head cleaning using 99% alcohol and head cleaning pads cloth which should always be the first choice.

Some head cleaning tapes are more abrasive and will actually reduce head life on vcr's. In anycase never use a head cleaning tape multiple times during a single cleaning session. If dirty heads are a problem and you don't get satisfactory results with one single pass of a head cleaning tape then resort to a manual head cleaning.

Generally I would do the manual head cleaning first and then if needed do a single pass with a head cleaning tape.

In an extreme pinch inserting another tape and shuttling back and forth rapidly may clean off the heads and allow a "quick down and dirty" method to get you up and running. This technique is quite useful for field productions where "time is of the essense".

Good luck,

Tony Salgado

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]