FORUMS: list search recent posts

Captioning Hardware (low budget - no frills)

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Sowder
Captioning Hardware (low budget - no frills)
on Dec 7, 2005 at 10:04:38 pm

I have to Mac NLE's (Media100). My office needs to start captioning starting this January. I have seen the Leap Frog/MacCaption software and it is nice but I am not overly impressed with the accuracy of the captioning (both grammatically and precision). I also am not certain what equipment I will need other than the encoder and perhaps something to trigger the captions. Any suggestions? perhaps some favored gear for cheapskates?

Matt Sowder
Fiddler's Ridge Productions

Return to posts index

Golf Guy
Re: Captioning Hardware (low budget - no frills)
on Dec 12, 2005 at 4:47:31 am

Matt,

We too have to conform with FCC regs next month. After searching for the answer (believe me there are few options out there) we have decided to purchase a single user newsroom software package by EZNews that includes CC software and an encoder. The total price was half that of the MacCation software. And the nice thing about this software, it allows us to back time our program too.

Alan

Return to posts index

Matt Sowder
on Dec 12, 2005 at 10:03:40 pm

Hard to believe only 1 response, but after digging and digging, information is hard to come by. Seems to me a great niche market to corner...

Matt Sowder

Return to posts index

Golf Guy
on Dec 20, 2005 at 12:10:58 am

Matt,

I just received my "newsroom" software with the builtin "CC" software, now I'm just waiting for my encoder.

Return to posts index

Matt Sowder
on Dec 20, 2005 at 4:18:46 pm

I've talked with about a dozen or so software/hardware guys with some being an all in one solution and so far these guys are the most reasonable...

Thanks for the heads up...

Matt Sowder

Return to posts index

Golf Guy
on Dec 21, 2005 at 2:43:12 am

I asume you mean the folks at EZNews. The only issue (and it has nothing to do with them) is it is very hard to find an encoder. Unless of course you are willing to pay some big bucks. Anyway, January 1st is fast approaching!

Return to posts index

Matt Sowder
on Dec 27, 2005 at 9:29:09 pm

Yes, EZ News makes the same EZ Prompter software that we have been looking for... I have researched a ton and my poor brain hurts...

EZ News/Prompter seems like a nice solution... did you get the Link Electrnonics encoder/decoder with it?

Matt Sowder

Return to posts index

Golf Guy
on Jan 4, 2006 at 2:18:15 am

Matt,

Sorry for the late reply. No, you do not get the Link encoder with it, but they do offer a 10% discount on the product if you order it through them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]