I'm looking for...

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.
I'm looking for...
on Oct 28, 2005 at 5:07:30 am

Hi fellow cows,

Here's my situation.

Right now I have a Leightronix tcd/rp and ip that plays back video that I record onto it. We also go live with some of our shows.

I would like to know if there's a good, solid product out there that can act as sort of a master control unit but for alot less money. In other words, all I need is a unit that can squeeze back either the pre-recorded stuff or the live stuff, display a template that I can make and load in and have text on the side and the bottom either crawling or fading in and out.

It would have to be composite. Right now both "feeds" are going into a composite router which I manually switch between live and dubbed. So it would be great if I can just take the output of the router into the unit. That way even if I switch between them, I'll always have the option of squeezing back the video to show the crawl.

And if it could, I would love for this unit to be able to accept .txt files so we can run updated weather or sports or local election results into it and it can refresh itself whenever there's an update.

I know that alot to ask from a unit.

I've looked at a few by keywest and avelin but avelin does not take live video, and keywest squeezes any video but I would have to purchase a graphics station seperately.

I guess the price range I'm looking at would top out at $4,000 - $6,000.

Any help would be appreciated. Also if you can't think of any but could steer me towards your product rep or a company let me know.

My new email is ssp@ssptv.com

TIA
Sam

Return to posts index

Charlie King
Re: I'm looking for...
on Oct 28, 2005 at 5:11:43 pm

The closest thing I can think of that might work, is the NewTek Tricaster. Know very little about it, other than it is probably the new generation Toaster, and supposedly works with networking, unlike the original toaster. Just find Newtek on the net to get information.

Charlie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]