FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cell phone antennas and interference

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nightdesigns
Cell phone antennas and interference
on Oct 20, 2005 at 1:16:41 am

Verizon wireless wants to put a cell phone antenna on top of our building. Will this affect any of our equipment? It looks like most of our wireless equipment is in the 470-806MHz range and I believe Verizon is around 1900MHz.

We have issues with Nextel phones (especially the blackberries), but I know that runs in the 800MHz range.

Will having an antenna that close (1 story up) screw with our equipment in general? Our building also has a police station and a traffic management station, and the combination of the two use quite a bit of wireless equipment, so I have a feeling we are the least of Verizon's worries at this time. I just want to know if there are certain things I should look out for.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: Cell phone antennas and interference
on Oct 20, 2005 at 11:56:48 am

[nightdesigns] "I just want to know if there are certain things I should look out for."

A new office?

Sorry. You served it up, I had to "swing" at it ;-)

Return to posts index

Frank Otto
Re: Cell phone antennas and interference
on Oct 20, 2005 at 9:25:12 pm

But seriously...

It shouldn't. 1900mhz systems are in effect microwave emmissions and unless you're using a city-link m/w system or the like then you should be clear. If you have equipment working that uses r.f. like network, wi-fi or radio mics at around 680 mhz you might encounter some spurrious "birdies" (a chirp noise in the reciever output).

I'd worry more about spurrious from the police site, especially if they are on an 800-900mhz trunk system.

Cheers,

Frank Otto

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]