FORUMS: list search recent posts

YJ vs. J series lenses

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Snider
YJ vs. J series lenses
on Oct 17, 2005 at 1:01:01 am

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a used SD lens for my SDX900. For those of you that have experience with both the Canon YJ and J series lenses, a couple of questions:

1. Is the imaging noticeably better with the J series lenses vs. the YJ?
2. Specifically, is the YJ12x6.5 going to be noticeably worse than the J11ax4.5?

(Forgive me for those of you that read this cross-post in the Cinematography forum.)

Thanks so much.
Tim

Return to posts index

Evolution
Re: YJ vs. J series lenses
on Oct 18, 2005 at 12:33:00 pm

I do not have specific experience with those lenses on the 900, but I have a Fuji A20x8.6BRM on my 900. Even though this is an industrial piece of glass it's fairly new and I think may be cleaner than some of the older broadcast lenses I've worked with in the past. Perhaps the newer glass has been produced with newer technology and exacting standards? Either way I've decided to hold out for a piece of HD glass. Unless the added throw is an issue, it's a great deal, or there is another issue as to why you are looking to change, you might consider holding off.
In all I don't know that you'll see a giant difference, but be sure your lens set-up is correct for any glass you consider so that you're comparing apples to apples.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]