FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting in Mexico

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale McCoy
Shooting in Mexico
on Oct 12, 2005 at 1:53:00 pm

Hope somebody here can help me. I will be flying down to Mexico for a shoot and need to know what forms are needed to get the equipment into and out of the country. Anybody done this before?

Dale McCoy

Return to posts index

Thax
Re: Shooting in Mexico
by
on Oct 13, 2005 at 12:10:50 am

You get this big covered truck.

Put all your gear in the back and close the doors.

Then just drive it through at the border portal.

Its obvious that they never check in the back of big covered trucks at the Mexican border.

Sorry, it was too tempting.

Return to posts index

Doug
by
on Oct 13, 2005 at 5:27:54 pm

Check with the Mexican Embassy or the nearest Consulate. They are there, in part, to help with just this kind of situation.

Doug

Return to posts index

Dale McCoy
on Oct 13, 2005 at 9:17:05 pm

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I did email the Film Commission of Mexico but have not heard back from them.

Return to posts index

tony salgado
on Oct 23, 2005 at 6:38:03 am

Dale,

Based on my experience dealing with the politics involved in Mexico my recommendation is DO NOT TAKE ANY OF YOUR OWN GEAR.

The bribes (I mean fees) involved will cost you a small fortune if you do not obtain offical written permission from the nearest Mexican Consultate in the US and the city you are working in Mexico.

Normally a carnet would be the proper paperwork but the last time I had the misfortune to work in Mexico they did not recognize a Carnet. A carnet is the equivalent of a "equipment passport".

If the gear is professional gear and you have alot to transport I recommend renting it at the location instead of dealing with having your gear seized and held for "ransom" because you did not have the proper paperwork or are willing to pay the bribes (I mean offical fees).

Tony Salgado

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

Daniel Serrano
on Oct 24, 2005 at 12:31:22 am

Hi Dale...

I just read this post and I hope I can be of help to you...

In Mexico you can make it as legally as you want it to be... if you know a little bit of spanish you can go right here and read what it takes:
http://www.aduanas.sat.gob.mx/webadunet/aga.aspx?Q=ImpTemp_06

but if you dont know the language it could be easily for someone to take advantage....

so in little words it works like this:

People can import temporally merchandise for activities as such: journalism, radio, TV or cinematography activities...
How to proceed?

Go to the closer Mexican Embassy or Consulate and ask for a constance for ID's from the media, agency or bussiness represented by you
fill the format "Solicitud de autorizaci

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]