FORUMS: list search recent posts

Check me on this

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Davidson
Check me on this
on Oct 11, 2005 at 10:11:26 pm

We're charged with laying off to D5 a HD 422 feature & are concerned about delivery specs. A local company raised the specter of a probable failure if we did it with our little ol' Final Cut Pro Blackmagic + Waveform/Vector set up, rattling snakebones in warning that Germany will likely reject our tape. He didn't say exactly how but it's taken me somewhat aback.

I've learned that keeping the level and saturation within 601 specifications (using a scope downstream via a SD SDI output) for 709 material is what some post companies do to keep within legal & by using a hardware legalizer as well.

Can someone just check me on this? We lay down to a D5 prestriped 23.98 LTC timecode, connected our DecklinkHD card & deck to a tri-sync gen. 5.1 audio layback happens at a pro audio facility. Do you recommend an engineer to make sure of line blanking settings?

david

Return to posts index

jason levy
Re: Check me on this
on Oct 13, 2005 at 4:32:13 pm

Can't help much with the technical aspect of this.. but for what it's worth I will offer this advice: that a very helpful thing to do is too take some time and get the person who is actually going to evaluate your tape on the phone, find out what they are really looking for and then you can arrange to get it with out much guesswork.

We do a lot of post in-house on a decklink setup.. not HD though.. and i find that people will generally help you if you can get ahold of them. Perhaps the guy will not speak english but you never know.

Good luck,

Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]