FORUMS: list search recent posts

drop out

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Redflag
drop out
on Sep 28, 2005 at 3:32:15 pm

Just read my post...the tapes were all new,but tapes from the same box have been used with out any problem

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: drop out
on Sep 29, 2005 at 12:54:54 am

Historically, due to "bad batch" concerns, tapes within a given case have come from different production runs.
That way if you do have a tape with drop-out problems, the entire case should not have them.
(I don't know if this practice is still followed.)
So, it could be that you found a "bad one" in the lot.

Or, it could have been a miss-thread when the tape got loaded in the camcorder.

Return to posts index

Redflag
on Sep 29, 2005 at 2:47:21 pm

Thanks for the reply

Still waiting to get more info from them,I dont think a digibeta will work at all if it doesnt thread properly?

Return to posts index

Paul Thurston
on Sep 29, 2005 at 7:13:24 pm

You know what; it is quite possible that the video tape player head is out of alignment. This would explain why the camera didn't give any indication that the tape was bad... the tape is probably not bad... it's more than likely the tape player is misreading the data off the tape (because of alignment issues.)

This has happened to me before.

The best way to prove this theory, is to actually have the camera original tape played on another tape player and check, frame by frame, where the drop out is observed. If the still (paused) image shows no dropout, where a dropout is seen when playback is executed, then the tape is OK.

Hope this helps,

Paul Thurston
Santiago, Chile

Return to posts index

Redflag
on Oct 2, 2005 at 11:46:36 pm

Yes thanks,trouble is the originals are on the other side of the world,and still no real info from them,which makes me think,as has been the case with all other so called camera problems,its a cock up at their end!

Thanks

Return to posts index

R. Hewitt
on Oct 5, 2005 at 3:45:42 pm

If your player has dynamic tracking on it, switch it on and it will account for any mistracking within a surprisingly wide range.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]