FORUMS: list search recent posts

Suggestions for camera exercises for students?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Johnson
Suggestions for camera exercises for students?
on Sep 12, 2005 at 6:45:54 pm

I'm holding a course for beginners that are new to digital video,
we're going thru how the videocamera works: iris, shutter, gain, focus etc. and how to properly use them.

Then we have some exercises how to properly white balance in different conditions, camera angles, working outside/inside, shooting in low-light, too much light situations..

But I would like to get some more inspiration for more exercises they can practise on during their getting to know the camera training.

Anyone got any suggestions or can point me to some good website?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Stan Timek
Re: Suggestions for camera exercises for students?
on Sep 12, 2005 at 9:32:42 pm

Mike,

I teach at a community college and an exercise I sometimes do is place several objects on a table. The objects are at various distances from where the camera will be and arranged to allow two-shots, three-shots, etc.

I then have two cameras set at two distances from the table. The students go between the two cameras, practice focusing in on the items and seeing how distance from subject can affect depth-of-field.

Hope this helps.

Stan

Return to posts index

Charlie King
Re: Suggestions for camera exercises for students?
on Sep 12, 2005 at 9:37:08 pm

Something we always did when I was first learning camera in the 60's. Was to hand items from ceiling, or whatever you can hang it from and swing it and follow back and forth from every angle needing to follow focus, and maybe zoom, we also trucked between items holding a shot, but no one seems to truck or dolly anymore.

Charlie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]