FORUMS: list search recent posts

High School Football Games

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
EduTVTech
High School Football Games
on Sep 8, 2005 at 3:58:17 pm

Hello.

I work for a school district and we just started recording our high school football games. Among the many things to learn, I'm looking for help on how to adjust for the lighting. We use three AJ-D410AP DVCPro Cameras. At the moment with our switcher, it's just a the camera signal. No genlock.

The game starts out in daylight and as it gets darker the stadium lights are turned on.

Is there anyway I set the white balance without having to adjust it every 15 minutes? Different filters? Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: High School Football Games
on Sep 8, 2005 at 7:32:45 pm

If you're goiung to "Double-post", I guess I can "Double-reply".

[EduTVTech] "Is there anyway I set the white balance without having to adjust it every 15 minutes?"

Nope.
In "real" football coverage, there are live engineers operating with full remote-control over all the aspects of the cameras.
They "shade" the cameras iris and black-levels constantly, and can manually compensate of color-balance.

In more "basic" productions without these benefits, you can:

A. leave cameras in "auto-WB" (not so good)
B. ignore WB (worse)
C. regularly, carefully re-WB all cameras during breaks in the game (best you can do).

Return to posts index

Jake Abramson
on Sep 9, 2005 at 12:03:16 am

Have each camera op keep a white card near by. When you go to a break, have each point at the card, do a quick auto-white for all and continue on.

Return to posts index

glenn chan
on Sep 12, 2005 at 2:27:11 am

If you have post-production time, you could just apply a color correction filter and globally adjust all cameras that way.

Most color correction filters in editing programs can be keyframed. Otherwise just dissolve between different settings.

2- If the camera operators keep a white card nearby, they should have the same color of light landing on the card. And this should be consistent with the light landing on the field.

Or maybe there's something on the field or near the field that is white, and that the camera operators can fill the camera frame with.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]