FORUMS: list search recent posts

need wireless recommendation

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Wise
need wireless recommendation
on Aug 16, 2005 at 8:56:15 pm

Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good quality, on-camera wireless mic system. I want a system that will allow transmission from at least two mics into one receiver (are there any that allow more than two??)
And I want a rock solid system that will last years and expect to pay over $500 (for one transmitter & one receiver) but I would rather not go over $1000. What are people using? I do alot of local commercials and have been using a Sennheiser shotgun set up and also an Audio Technica wired lav system. Both are great but I want to have the option to go 'wireless' if I need to.
Thanks in advance for any advice,
Andrew

Return to posts index

Frank Otto
Re: need wireless recommendation
on Aug 16, 2005 at 10:13:58 pm

I've used Lectrosonics gear for years and have no complaints. The r.f. module that snaps on to any microphone has been a real help when I've needed to have a specific mike/pattern and needed r.f. capibilities.

Several other mfgs have added that modular capibility, but they got it from Lectrosonics.

Cheers,

Frank Otto

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
on Aug 17, 2005 at 3:46:51 am

I second the Lectrosonics - absolutely bullet proof... Unless of course, it gets hit by a bullet. Even then, it just might save your talent's life... On the other hand, that might be a bad thing depending on the talent....

Jon

Return to posts index

Golf Guy
on Aug 20, 2005 at 12:51:53 am

I have a Lectrosonic system, but choose to use my two Sennheiser's instead. It's features include multiple channels, not limited to a single quartz tuned channel and durability. They have actually dropped some of these units from 5 stories and they are still operational. Plus, I like their ability to pickup a signal from as far away as three hundred yards. In my business that is very useful to me. And to top it all off, they are a lot cheaper then the Lectrosonics.

alan@tvgolfshow.com
http://www.tvgolfshow.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Wise
on Aug 20, 2005 at 2:04:32 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Andrew

Return to posts index

hawaiirap
on Sep 11, 2005 at 10:46:06 pm

I may be misreading this but my understanding is you want 2 wireless mikes to transmit to 1 receiver.. no can do unless the mikes are pre-mixed and then sent to the receiver or the receiver is a multi-channel/multi-input receiver. 2 mikes independently transmitting on the same frequency will either cancel out or the dominant signal will prevail (I think, I am not an engineer). You could use multiple single channel receivers recording the same incoming signals/channels (no conflict for receiving). We use sony. 2 transmitters for 2 mikes... 4 receivers (2 on 2 cameras)...that way we don't have to mess around re-syncing in post and the cameras do not have to be linked to a multi-channel/input receiver. But what the heck do I know..
regards,
bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]