camera batteries.

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg
camera batteries.
by
on Jun 11, 2005 at 5:04:46 pm

Anybody know where I can buy camera batteries and a charger for my BVP-7 or my
JVC DY-90 cameras? Both have anton Bauer gold mounts for brick or Hytron size batteries. However, I don't want to pay Anton Bauer prices. I just shot with a guy who had batteries that weren't Anton Bauers, but he shot for 2 hours on one battery and it ran a frezzi light as well. He got them from China. Any thoughts? Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
Re: camera batteries.
on Jun 12, 2005 at 3:00:03 am

We switched from AB to IDX. You can stack them, they seem lighter than an AB hytron. IDX makes an adapter plate so they mount right on a gold mount, or you can buy the plate to mount to the camera. We use 2 to shoot a football game (and honestly, we could probably get away with 1, but ther's no use pushing our luck). We'll shoot all day on productions on 1 IDX. Bloody brilliant, that.

Jon

Return to posts index

Bob Pennington
Re: camera batteries.
on Jun 16, 2005 at 7:41:30 pm

Greg: I would be interersted in knowing the type of battery your friend was using. I think if you look closer at the Anton/Bauer product line, you will find a battery that matches your runtime requirements and your budget. Don't overlook the value of a 3 year warranty. I can't think of many other products in the video industry with a 3 year warranty. Remember to look at the wattage load you trying to power. Include your camera/deck and lighting load to select the proper battery. If you need assistance, I am willing to help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]