FORUMS: list search recent posts

VTR Betacam SP

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Isabelle
VTR Betacam SP
on May 30, 2005 at 1:54:23 pm

Hello everyone

Thought that I might get some answers here!!!
I've been working as an event videographer for many years using digital cameras, FCP and AE. I always wanted to work for a TV station but as you all know it's hard to get in.
I finally get an offer for a 3 day internship as a VTR Betacam Operator but I am not sure of what a VTR operator does. I've been searching the internet but all I get is an image of the VTR which does not help me a whole lot! I would like to impress them so that they would think of me for a futur position. Can anyone help me in explaining what a vtr operator does exactly and if the VTR Betacam SP is hard to figure out?

Thank you so much
Isabelle

Return to posts index

Charlie King
Re: VTR Betacam SP
on May 30, 2005 at 3:25:13 pm

I've never actually heard that term used VTR Betacam Operator. I've heard VTR Operator, Tape Operator, Betacam Operator (usually means shooter).

I would presume that it is a tape Operator working with Betacam tape Decks record and playback, that covers a wide spectrum of models. It is not a difficult machine to learn if going in as an intern, you are not expected to already know everything about it, or you would be hired not interning. If the person you are interning with has any sense of responsibility and pride, he or she should be willing to answer any questions, and I always wanted my interns to ask many, if you don't ask you don't learn. The only dumb questions are the ones not asked cause you didn't learn anything by not asking.

Charlie

Return to posts index

Isabelle
on May 31, 2005 at 12:38:29 pm

Thanks for the responce, I'll look into it with him.

Isabelle

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on May 31, 2005 at 3:07:47 pm

Good luck on the internship. Learn all you can soak up.

Charlie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]