FORUMS: list search recent posts

Building editing system with Betacam SP deck and need some help please.

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
crys94
Building editing system with Betacam SP deck and need some help please.
on May 19, 2005 at 9:40:08 pm

Hello. I have been using Premier Pro 1.5 on my eMachines T6212 capturing miniDV tapes through my camcorder and now need to capture and record to Beta SP tapes. I will be purchasing a Sony UVW-1800 Betacam SP, a Sony PVM-1350 13" Monitor and a Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro Audio Mixer. Will I be able to capture/record to the Betacam deck with my system now? Do I need to purchase a Decklink card for capture? What cables will I need to have these items work with my computer?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

My computer specs are at this site:
http://www.e4me.com/products/products.html?prod=eMachines_T6212
Plus added 1 GB of RAM.

Return to posts index

bobby walker ii
Re: Building editing system with Betacam SP deck and need some help please.
on May 20, 2005 at 3:55:54 am

You won't be able to use any of the gear your purchasing without some kind of card to interface the new gear with the computer. Once you have the card you'll need XLR cables, co-axial cable with BNC connectors...you get the drift. Since I avoid PC's to maintain what little sanity I have left (please no flames...its a personal preference) I can't help you with a card.

Personally I think your best bet is to by the gear you're looking for through a reputable VAR and have them help you decide what you need.

Sorry if this is of liitle help

bobby walker ii
broadcast video COW

G5 2.5GHZ DP,2.5 RAM, AJA IO LA, Medea G-Raid,FCP HD

Return to posts index

crys94
Capture cards with UVW-1800 & Premiere Pro?
on May 20, 2005 at 9:17:25 pm

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking about going with the DecklinkSP, but learned that I can only manually capture footage with this card. Is there any other capture card that will batch capture or am I stuck with manually capturing?
Thanks again for any help!

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: Capture cards with UVW-1800 & Premiere Pro?
on May 21, 2005 at 3:28:57 pm

Or you could always run the output of the betaSP deck into the input of the DV deck
and then capture with firewire until you purchase a capture card.

Return to posts index

Todd at UCSB
Re: Capture cards with UVW-1800 & Premiere Pro?
on May 23, 2005 at 6:24:00 am

There's 2 card makers that Adobe Certifieds http://www.matrox.com and http://www.bluefish444.com.
I don't use Premier for that much, so I don't have a lot of experience with PC cards, but I'd go with bluefish.

Good Luck,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Alex
by
on May 24, 2005 at 1:40:11 am

Let me pose a radical solution: Buy a mac g5 ($2,000) and an aja IO-LA interface ($1,000), and a copy of final cut pro($1,000)... you will need to spend a bit more, but what you get will knock your socks off compared to the premiere.

Return to posts index

crys94
on Jun 1, 2005 at 2:41:31 pm

Yes, I thought about purchasing a G5 and Final Cut Pro, but before I bought all the expensive stuff, I was wondering if I could work with the equipment I have now. Right now I'm debating on whether I should get the Decklink SP, Pyro A/V Link Converter or the SD Connect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]