FORUMS: list search recent posts

have a question about timebase correctors and my MX-20 mixer

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David
have a question about timebase correctors and my MX-20 mixer
on May 10, 2005 at 8:25:48 pm

I run three remote AW-E600 Panasonic cameras into my Panasonic MX-20 video switcher. The connection is via composite BNC cable.
I use the WJ MX-20 rs422 control application to switch the inputs within my computer. I have a Leitch Velocity system.
Now, whenever i switch (either by using the MX-20 or the computer application controller) the cuts aren't clean. There is obviouis frame instability during the cuts. If i do a dissolve then there is no problem. It is only when i do cuts that the frames appear to not be stable. My question is can i stabilize the cuts by using timebase corrector(s)? If so, where in the "chain" would the TBC go and how exactly would the connections work?

thanks for any help.

dave

Return to posts index

Charlie King
Re: have a question about timebase correctors and my MX-20 mixer
on May 10, 2005 at 9:09:34 pm

Are you cutting without using the preset bus? Panasonic switchers are not exactly syncronous. It freezes the outgoing video til the incoming video is timed then makes the cut. If you use the preset bus, it holds up the cut til the incoming video has synced, then makes the switch. Dissolves utilize the preset bus so that eliminates the problem. Hope I have made this clear, it isn't easy to explain.

Charlie

Return to posts index

David
unfamiliar with the preset bus
on May 10, 2005 at 9:36:21 pm

Is that something that makes you have to switch from the switcher itself or can i still use teh software rs422 controller?
Also, where do i access the preset bus? Is it buried in the menu? Maybe i'll check out the manual!!!

Return to posts index

David
no mention in manual
on May 10, 2005 at 9:42:04 pm

are you thinking about the MX-50?

Return to posts index

Charlie King
Re: no mention in manual
on May 11, 2005 at 3:15:45 pm

Maybe my memory has failed me which happens at my age, but I thought the MX-50 and MX-20 were similar in the bus configuration. Program bus, Preset bus, fader, and adjustable take button.

Charlie.

Return to posts index

David
Re: no mention in manual
on May 11, 2005 at 3:40:16 pm

don't believe that's the case with this pos.

Return to posts index

David
SO, back to the original question...
on May 11, 2005 at 6:42:33 pm

Can i integrate TBCs into this system and if so how would in be done?

Return to posts index

Charlie King
Re: SO, back to the original question...
on May 11, 2005 at 9:53:00 pm

Yes you can integrate TBC's into the system, but it isn't going to change anything with your problem. We looked up the MX 20 and as I was saying like the MX 50, the only way to do clean switches is to preset your shots so it can lock the incoming video to the same vertical interval as the outgoing video. Cuts on the program bus will freeze the outgoing video for an instant til the incoming video can be switched in the vertical interval.

Charlie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]