FORUMS: list search recent posts

Muxed mpeg2 is a pain

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave LaRonde
Muxed mpeg2 is a pain
on Apr 26, 2005 at 10:21:01 pm

I recently got a request to download a PSA and tag it.

Bringing it into Quicktime, I noticed it only contained a muxed mpeg2 track. When I viewed the spot, it looked like it contained line 21 closed captioning information at the top of the frame. Then when I tried to open it in my NLE, the field order was all whacked out, and when I took it into After Effects to correct the field order issues, I couldn't get any audio.

I'm guessing this PSA was intended to go straight into the server for air. Problem is, we still use that archaic stuff called videotape: no servers here! So what's a guy to do if wants to put a tag on a lousy spot? Is there some sort of software gizmo that could help out?

Return to posts index

Charlie King
Re: Muxed mpeg2 is a pain
on Apr 27, 2005 at 4:06:48 pm

I use Vegas Video for my MPG files, you can open a new project with the "use media" properties and it opens right up then do whatcha gotta do, you can then render in whatever format you wish. Not sure if this is what you are asking, Dave, but, it is an alternative.

Charlie

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 2, 2005 at 5:35:21 pm

Thanks for the tip, Charlie...

Unfortuantely, Windows systems handle this kind of file a lot better than Macs, and of course, we're on Macs. But I also posted this message on the Cinewave forum, and I got some leads on pieces of software that may do the trick.

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on May 2, 2005 at 5:59:27 pm

Kewl, glad you are on track.

Charlie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]