FORUMS: list search recent posts

Echolab - thoughts?

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Zanone
Echolab - thoughts?
on Apr 22, 2005 at 11:59:29 am

One of the things I looked at NAB was switchers. I've followed Echolab for awhile now. Anyone have any feedback/comments on the company and/or the switchers? It seemed to me there were a lot of salesmen but few demo artists in the booth.

Jon

Return to posts index

Bill Powers
Re: Echolab - thoughts?
on Apr 22, 2005 at 1:31:12 pm

Jon,

I've been around Echolab for almost thirty years. They may have had a couple of ups and downs during that time but I'd bet my pants on them today. They always seem to have the engineers, I like their modular design. I don't have to hang A to D or D to A converters on the I/Os like the other guys, and they respond if I have a problem. I see your point about the demo artists. This seems to fluctuate. Admittedly, I come at this from a dealer prospective. I do business with Echolab because I choose to, not because I have to. Most end users might buy a few switchers in a lifetime. I get to buy lots of them and suffer the consequences if things go wrong. If the shoe fits.....

Bill Powers
VideoSound

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
on Apr 22, 2005 at 4:27:07 pm

Thanks for the input Bill. I mentioned the demo artists only because at past NAB's, there were plenty to go around. I found out they had been sold, and I even spoke to the president of the company. It looks like a good bet we'll go with the Nova 16 input. I just wanted to make sure they weren't flailing after a sale.

Jon

Return to posts index

Bill Powers
on Apr 22, 2005 at 6:32:02 pm

Hi Jon,

From what I can see they are more like reborn than flailing. (I've watched them flop around and I think/hope those days are over) They seem to be back on track and concentrating on the switcher business. Let me know if you need any corporate contacts. Let the good times roll!

Bill
folks@videosound.com

Return to posts index

Jake Abramson
on Apr 27, 2005 at 8:53:15 pm

Wow, so I wasn't the only one who noticed the lack of helpful people at the Echolab booth. I was researching switchers for purchase in the future and that was one I really wanted to check out. No one one give me the time of day, well until I flipped the power switch on the demo unit. Still didn't get a demo.

As for history, I'm not fond of their previous swichers, but it looks like they're trying to make a come-back.

I was also surprised at how many companies are producing a small switcher again these days.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]