FORUMS: list search recent posts

dadgum

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grinner
dadgum
on Apr 11, 2005 at 2:19:24 pm

I must have taken a massive power hit over the weekend. The symphony is fine but I have one computer dead, a surround sound system fried and many lightbulbs out.
oi vay

Wondering what tricks I can do to protect the entire building in one swoop.
Don't forget, this is the building that likes to make VGA monitors all wobbly unless ya find juuust the right frequency for em.
thanks for any electrical tips.

Return to posts index

Jon Zanone
Re: dadgum
on Apr 12, 2005 at 2:37:05 am

Colorado Springs has a fairly inexpensive surge protection insurance through the utility company. We take many summer lightning strikes here, so it's good to get. I believe they also will put a surge protector outside the house. Outside of individual surge protectors, that seems to be the cheapest. I'm sure St. Louis has the same thing for those big thunder boomers you guys get brewing off the mighty Mississippi...

Now you've made me anxious for football season. 'Dadgum' is Fisher DeBerry's favorite saying... Really, it is.

Jon

Return to posts index

Aanarav Sareen
on Apr 12, 2005 at 7:14:48 am

Kind of interesting that you post this. A similar thing happened at work today. Killed 2 FCP workstations.

Return to posts index

Peter DeCrescenzo
on Apr 13, 2005 at 6:05:14 pm

A while back an electrician doing some rewiring in my house mentioned there's a not-too-insanely-expensive surge-supression device an electrician can install in the main power panel. Sorry I don't remember the details, but maybe this is true & might be worth researching further?

All the best,

- Peter "Lives in the SF Bay Area where there's an amazingly unreliable Power System" D.

Just a friendly reminder to all: Please consider filling-in your COW user profile information so we have a better idea who you are, where you're from, and so forth. It's the friendly thing to do. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Apr 14, 2005 at 3:12:19 pm

Hey grin, getting closer to the day I finally get to greet you face to face, dadgum I'm getting anxious.

Charlie

Return to posts index

grinner
on Apr 14, 2005 at 5:03:05 pm

me too man.
email me with your contact info and I'll give ya a call when I'm in town.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]