FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hey, Charlie, since you're in Vegas...

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave LaRonde
Hey, Charlie, since you're in Vegas...
on Apr 6, 2005 at 9:03:36 pm

...I'd imagine that getting to NAB isn't very difficult, if your schedule permits. Heck, after hitting NAB, you'd get to go home, crack open a beer and grill some brats on the patio. It's tough to beat that!

Now: if you go, and if you happen to pass by either the Pinnacle or Avid booths, and if you have the time, might you inquire about Avid's plans concerning older Pinnacle products like Cinewave?

My station got 4 new NLEs last year: Final Cut Pro/Cinewave systems. I fear that we drove down a dead end when we got 'em, since Avid now owns Pinnacle.

It's not a burning issue for folks going from my station, since hardware replacements occur about as frequently as changes in presidential administrations. But it could put a real cramp in my department's ability to stay current with the other software on those NLEs.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Charlie King
Re: Hey, Charlie, since you're in Vegas...
on Apr 6, 2005 at 9:13:09 pm

If I get a chance, you got it, buddy.
Charlie

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 6, 2005 at 9:22:09 pm

I thank you, sir.

I'd imagine you have your own NAB "To Do" list, and that comes first. So I'll be delighted with whatever you uncover.

Return to posts index

grinner
on Apr 10, 2005 at 3:50:13 pm

After saying I'm going for well over a decade and still havn't, I'm very excited that I am actually doing it this year.
I'll be at the Avid booth more than half of my time there scoping whatever they will be unvailing between Nitris and Symphony. I hope it's as cool as it can be and I hope the pricepoint is realistic.
Of course, if they have nothing like what I just described, my vist at the Avid booth will be very short.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]