FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export I-frame only MPEG2 in Apple Compressor.

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Tangier Clarke
Export I-frame only MPEG2 in Apple Compressor.
on Aug 8, 2018 at 11:12:38 pm

Does anyone have ideas/advice on how to achieve I-frame only compression in Apple Compressor? There's no setting for this. Perhaps there's a workaround with the other settings. I can't set the GOP to 1, so I am not sure how to go about this.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Export I-frame only MPEG2 in Apple Compressor.
on Aug 9, 2018 at 1:04:23 am

No clue as I never use Compressor. (I did look at it years ago and decided it was not good enough, even with the bit 'A' stamped on it.)
XDcam in SD is I frame only. and Compressor 'should' support that (Not very sure about Compressor, as Apple does make mistakes, XDcam HD had a wrong gop size so it was not conform specs)

So, no clue why you want MpegII I frame only, (GOP of 12 is broadcast standard over here), but it is a valid combo of settings.
Why not switch to something that will do this? (FFmpeg probably does (never tried though), and is free.)

hth,

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Aug 9, 2018 at 1:49:02 am
Last Edited By Tangier Clarke on Aug 9, 2018 at 1:52:42 am

I was given a spec sheet for deliverables and I essentially have two options:

1) Apple ProRes 422 HQ Quicktime files, but each one has to be done as an iTunes package with iTunes Channel configuration.

2) MPEG-2 transport stream as MPEG-2 I-Frame only; 50 Mbps for SD, 80 Mbps for HD.

I'd rather make the Quicktime, but having to make iTunes packages for each one for the amount I have deliver may not be a viable option.

Perhaps I'll have to look into another app.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 9, 2018 at 2:10:31 am

Is your focus on iTunes packages? I believe Compressor can do that. Telestream Switch can also do iTunes packages.

iTunes Store Package with Compressor

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Aug 9, 2018 at 5:39:42 am

No, my focus is not on iTunes packages. My only other option is MPEG-2, but the requirements are I-frame only.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 9, 2018 at 11:27:22 am

Apple Compressor does not do MPEG2 I frame. It will do IP (no B) but not MPEG2 I Frame.
Bothe Telestream Episode and I believe Sorenson Squeeze did. Episode it gone and Squeeze is EOL.
Adobe Media Encoder may do MPEG2 I Frame. Perhaps you can subscribe for just one month.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]