FORUMS: list search recent posts

Differing outputed files

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gafyn Jones
Differing outputed files
on Mar 15, 2018 at 11:18:03 am

Hi

I've been having problems for months when exporting and getting massive variations between big less compressed outputs (YUV 10bit/Uncompressed RGB 8bit etc) that look crunchy and rich and smaller files (H264/MP4 ect) that are flat and less saturated. This problem occurs in Resolve and in After Effects. I think I've checked every setting in both bits of software to make sure it's right, and the outputs from both look great (like the uncompressed) on my Dell Ultrasharp external monitor with the 'Dynamic Range' of the NVIDIA card set to 'Full'. This morning whilst doing more tests it became even more confusing. I'll let some pictures do the talking:

PIC 1: Original file

PIC 2: YUV 10bit Uncompressed from Resolve

PIC 3: H264 from Resolve

PIC 4: YUV Uncompressed from AE

PIC 5: H264 from AE

PIC 6: YUV 10bit Uncompressed from Resolve but opened in VLC player

Another strange thing is that the H264s that were exported from Resolve and AE are imported back in to the software they look crunchy again! That would suggest that the 'flat' versions are right. I'm using a PC by the way.

Any help is appreciated as this is causing a massive headache when sending clients files as I can't send the massive ones and can't trust the compressed ones.

Thanks
Gafyn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]