FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Compressor 4.3 ads strange noise when scaling output

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Langdon
Apple Compressor 4.3 ads strange noise when scaling output
on Dec 18, 2017 at 7:48:54 pm

This is a problem I have noted for a while and have been lazy to solve, but now it is getting to be an issue and I can't imagine this cannot be solved.
I edit in FCP X and then export a Master file, in 4K as it was shot.
Then I import into Compressor 4.3 and tell it to output to QT h264 at 1080p, thus scaling occurs. This causes the output file to have a vague grey noise pattern which is visible especially in blank screens (the back before the film starts, say) but also if you look carefully, it is all over the video. This is NOT the usual compression noise, it is almost like you are viewing the video through a non-reflective glass. Texture...
I tried to post a sample image, video as well as still imnage, but none were accepted by the cow, even though they are way below 100 mb.

Any ideas? Seems like a big problem for such a simple operation, scaling footage for compression...?
Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Apple Compressor 4.3 ads strange noise when scaling output
on Dec 24, 2017 at 12:26:38 pm

If you believe the issue is with Compressor then the first step would be to upgrade to Compressor 4.4 and see if Apple improved it.

If you know how to match settings you can also compare to Handbrake and compare.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]