FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is mpeg a good file type to be uploading to the web, if not how can I change it?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Matthew Bloomfield
Is mpeg a good file type to be uploading to the web, if not how can I change it?
on Nov 24, 2017 at 5:18:07 am

Hi everyone and thanks for taking the time to read, I'm a long time reader first time poster.

I have just taken on a job looking after some IT for a TV show. I'm looking after the online media. The shows are uploaded to dropbox which is where I get them. I then have to get them on to YouTube and Facebook.

The shows are in MPEG-2 format at about 26.3Mbit/s, and each episode comes out at about 6GB each, it is a bit cumbersome to download then upload the files, our internet is ok but only broadband. My questions are:

1. (possibly should be in a different forum) Is there an easy way to get a video from Dropbox to YouTube? I have tried Zapier, it worked once but invariably times out because of the size of the files.

2. I have tried converting the MPEG file to something more manageable, I try taking it into Apple Compressor and it just crashes the program, how can I convert it? And what should I convert it to, I don't want to mess up the quality.

I'm running an iMac on OS 10.12.6 and Compressor 4.3.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]