Adding a Closed Caption File and Compression

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Schmidt
Adding a Closed Caption File and Compression
on Nov 13, 2017 at 5:13:56 pm
Last Edited By Alex Schmidt on Nov 13, 2017 at 6:19:31 pm

Hello everyone!

I am currently stuck in a multi step workflow of adding Closed Caption files to final assets, and exporting to match station specs. I currently use Media Encoder, Compressor, and Episode where each one does something better than the other. Media Encoder for our basic encoding, Compressor is used to add .SCC to video files, and Episode to add a .MCC. Obviously, if I had the option to add any .SCC and .MCC to Media Encoder and encode from their simultaneously that would work perfect.

My question is, does anyone know of any other software/script that provides the encoding power of these but ultimately allows you to add any closed caption file to it? We have a separate company that provides the Closed Caption files to us, so we don't manage the edit of the CC. Additionally, I am looking into ffmpeg and noticed that closed captioning still remains unsupported.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Adding a Closed Caption File and Compression
on Nov 13, 2017 at 6:48:02 pm

Perhaps Telestream Cloud.

Return to posts index

Alex Schmidt
on Nov 13, 2017 at 8:14:37 pm

Thank you Craig! Unfortunately, cloud based products is an option I stay away from due to past issues.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 13, 2017 at 8:26:50 pm

There's Telestream Vantage.

Basically the number of Desktop Encoders seem to be in decline because Adobe Media Encoder (as part of CC) and Apple Compressor ($50) meet so many basic needs there is much room in the market for desktop products. There's Sorenson Squeeze but I'm not sure if that will do it either... and Sorenson also is offering Cloud based solutions now.

Return to posts index

Alex Schmidt
on Nov 20, 2017 at 3:18:28 pm

Thank you! We are working on getting telestream vantage for all of it's benefits, and it appears desktop encoders are definitely in decline.

I apologize for flagging your post that you mentioned telestream vantage, I got mouse trigger-happy and clicked on it when the pointer was hovered -unnoticeably- over it. Your comment was very helpful!

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]