FORUMS: list search recent posts

Footage too fast - need to go from 25fps to 24fps with MPEG Streamclip

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brad hebert
Footage too fast - need to go from 25fps to 24fps with MPEG Streamclip
on Sep 13, 2014 at 1:46:46 pm

Someone must have encoded these files incorrectly, because I can tell they are slightly faster and the audio is higher than it should be. They are 25fps. I'm thinking the problem might be solved if I can keep all the frames but change it to 24fps. Is that possible with MPEG Streamclip (or any other free software)?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Footage too fast - need to go from 25fps to 24fps with MPEG Streamclip
on Sep 13, 2014 at 2:43:14 pm

24fps to 25fps speed changes are common and usually "acceptable." Granted some can certainly notice that.

You might want to use the an NLE during a free trial period to re-conform the frames if need be.

For example, FCPX, which has a 30 day free trial, has a conform feature that would change the speed, keeping the frames to confirm to the timeline frame rate.

I'm wondering if the free GoPro Studio could do it.

Perhaps someone can suggest other solutions that will re-conform.

Return to posts index

brad hebert
on Sep 13, 2014 at 2:47:09 pm

Thanks. I thought I had heard of people playing 24 at 25 and saying that it's common. I definitely notice. I have Premiere CS6, but I was hoping for a batch transcode solution.

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Sep 16, 2014 at 4:56:10 pm

Do you have Final Cut Studio? If so, open your file in Cinema Tools - there's a Conform option there that will fix your files, and you can batch conform a whole folder of files in seconds.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]