FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressing 130 minutes for DVD Studio Pro...

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Parker
Compressing 130 minutes for DVD Studio Pro...
on Aug 26, 2014 at 2:58:34 am

Apologies if this post is in the wrong place but I could really use some help.

I'm currently attempting to create a DVD with advanced menu settings which features 7 videos, totalling just under 130 minutes of running time. My only problem is that I'm using DVD Studio Pro to build the DVD, but my videos are all .mov.

I'm using compressor DVD settings to convert my videos to MPEG2, but these settings keep changing the length of my videos (either leaving a frozen frame for several seconds at the end or cutting off several minutes of video). There is no other way to import these videos into DVD Studio Pro so, as far as I can see, I either need to buy a different DVD Software or I need to fiddle with a custom compressor setting...

Can anyone help me, please? I'd be very grateful for any advice! Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Compressing 130 minutes for DVD Studio Pro...
on Sep 8, 2014 at 7:06:21 pm

No mention of what source files are or version of Compressor being used so it's hard for people to know what's happening.

Return to posts index

Fernando Bobadilla
Re: Compressing 130 minutes for DVD Studio Pro...
on Sep 16, 2014 at 1:02:06 am

I'm actually going to attempt to create a DVD of similar length, 120 minutes. I'm doing the same thing: compressor into DVD Studio Pro. Last time I "compressed" the video I'm working on, it would not play. Not even in the finder. And the compression time was like 4.5 hours.

I'll try again and report back what happens - FCP 7 into compressor 3.5.3 into DVDSP 4.2.2.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]