FORUMS: list search recent posts

Small size animation/film for an application

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ruben de Vries
Small size animation/film for an application
on Jul 28, 2014 at 7:56:42 am

Hi,

Someone asked me to make an animation, not longer than 30 sec for an app in the app/playstore to explain how stuff works in and outside the car. Due to augmented reality, the application made it possible to recognise several parts of the car when you hold op you're phone in front of the object. When is recognises it, information will show up, showing/explaining how the object (e.g. volume button) works etc. Now 'the client' wants me to make a animation, explaining how te object works, rather than showing simple text.

Now here is my question: What is the best way to export the animation so that I can keep my file size as small as possible, so that the application will not get to large (it's already 80mb). Is it .swf, .gif, .m4a, .mov? Or is there another way? I make my 2D animations in after effects, or is there a better program for the job?

Greets,
Ruben

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Small size animation/film for an application
on Jul 28, 2014 at 10:07:11 pm

Most important thing here will be frame size and frame rate. We use 15fps and small frame sizes like 640 x 360 or 832 x 468 since most people look at these on their phones....do a test!

We also use animated GIF sequences which work well on very short things....

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Ruben de Vries
Re: Small size animation/film for an application
on Jul 29, 2014 at 6:39:05 am

Thank you for you're response Rich! I'll try some different types of settings and post the outcome below.

Thanks again,
Ruben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]