FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG Streamclip preview brightness

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arseny Preobrazhenskiy
MPEG Streamclip preview brightness
on Jun 3, 2014 at 2:16:28 pm

Hey guys,

i ran into a little problem on MPEG Streamclip v1.9.3b7. A few weeks ago I accidently hit some button combo, that reduced the brightness of the clip in the main window. It seems only to affect the main preview (and also the frame export, which is really annoying since i export frames everyday). I was wondering if anyone has seen this before.. i have searched the internet for all shortcuts but have found nothing that addresses my problem.

Thanks
arseny

arsenypreo.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: MPEG Streamclip preview brightness
on Jun 3, 2014 at 2:42:27 pm

I'm not quite sure what key combo would cause that.
If you believe it's really just a settings issue than a simple solution would be to search for the MPEGStreamclip user preferences (plist) and delete it.

One way to confirm it's just a user setting is to create a New User Admin account and see if the issue is there as well. New Account will obviously have new user settings for both the account and the apps.

Return to posts index

Arseny Preobrazhenskiy
on Jun 3, 2014 at 3:10:33 pm

Craig, Thanks for your rapid reply. I didn't really think of that. i deleted the file using AppClean (I think the file was hidden, and i couldn't remember how to force them to show.) Anyways. That didn't help.

I attached two screenshots of the same file opened in MPEGStreamclip and QT7 to share my frustration :)

If the images were a bit different, i would accept it.. but this shall not stand.
Maybe you have any other ideas?

Arseny Preobrazhenskiy
Editing and Production Trainee

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 3, 2014 at 3:31:29 pm

[Arseny Preobrazhenskiy] "Craig, Thanks for your rapid reply. I didn't really think of that. i deleted the file using AppClean (I think the file was hidden, and i couldn't remember how to force them to show.) Anyways. That didn't help. "

You MUST confirm that it deleted the preferences. I personally don't trust anything automated. I use EasyFind and manually delete preferences, personally.

Did you modify the encoder setting?

Again if it's custom, if it's user, you can delete the app and stored settings, preferences and the issue would be gone. It's simply how the OS and Apps work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]