FORUMS: list search recent posts

Better encode alternatives to youtube or vimeo

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Özgür Akyıldız
Better encode alternatives to youtube or vimeo
on Apr 1, 2014 at 6:17:44 pm

Hey Guys,

I was wondering any of you could suggest me an alternative websites to youtube or vimeo to display my works without having to put up with ridiculous low quality encoding. Both youtube and vimeo change the quality and the color of my videos drastically.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Better encode alternatives to youtube or vimeo
on Apr 1, 2014 at 6:34:46 pm

Sometimes I think it's best to be the "Master of one's own fate." You could host with a server that gives you enough space. What you lose is the "social media viral" possibilities of the two biggest hosting sites but that may not be important.

There are other OVP companies but I can't speak to their quality. IMHO if you want the best quality control do it yourself or a professional compressisonist if that's not within your skill set.

You may want to look at VIdCompare OVP comparisons.
http://www.vidcompare.com

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Better encode alternatives to youtube or vimeo
on Apr 1, 2014 at 10:12:21 pm

I agree...YouTube is not great but provides tons of analytics and links back to your site. It is just way too valuable. YouTube is the worlds most trafficked search engine, then Google then email.

I think too much emphasis is put on video quality (of the compression) and not the quality of the work. We all get it...it is a lower rez image, but does it tell the story. That's what counts. I am always willing to give up bits to reach more clients, know who I am reaching and link them to our site. Our work stands for itself, regardless of the compression scheme.

Besides some people are watching your videos on their phones and you could get away with a 832x468 video just fine!

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]