FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor Custom Templates

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Gentry
Compressor Custom Templates
on Mar 18, 2014 at 3:17:04 pm

Hello, first, let me apologize if something on this topic is posted in another thread. I had a look, but didnt see anything. I am new here and I didnt see a Compressor forum, only "Compression techniques," so I apologize if this is in the wrong spot.

I recently upgraded to Mavericks 10.9.2, and I want to bring my custom Compressor Templates from before I did the upgrade and get them back in Compressor (after the 10.9.2 upgrade). The templates were made in Compressor 3.5 and I also have 3.5 on the new OS. So, I thought it would be as simple as drag and drop my custom templates folder into the respective Application support folder, and I'd be done. But there is a problem. I cannot find the Application Support folder for Compressor. I also have Compressor 4.1 on the same system, and I wonder if it had anything to do with the folder disappearing (Compressor 4.1 was installed subsequent to 3.5). I noticed this on previous versions of OSX (not just Mavericks) before we upgraded, as well, when both version of Compressor were installed. But on other systems, where there is no Compressor 4.1, I can find the folder easily and access the custom template files.

Any ideas? I'd just as much rather just remake all my templates, but there are too many.

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: Compressor Custom Templates
on Mar 26, 2014 at 6:14:35 pm

Two versions of Compressor will conflict with custom settings, as Compressor 4 has a slightly different format for storing these compared to Compressor 3.5.3. They both, however, store custom presets in the same location:

Macintosh HD / Users / / Library / Application Support / Compressor

Return to posts index

Aaron Gentry
on Mar 26, 2014 at 6:38:15 pm

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, as I suggested in the original post, the "Compressor" folder is not to be found in the aforementioned directory. I think I will just give up on Compressor 3.5 and make the move to 4

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Mar 26, 2014 at 6:48:41 pm

If the folder isn't there it's because you haven't created any custom presets. Either make a preset, or just copy over your other folder.

Return to posts index

Aaron Gentry
on Mar 26, 2014 at 6:50:45 pm

"If the folder isn't there it's because you haven't created any custom presets. Either make a preset, or just copy over your other folder."

Doh! Makes sense. Should have thought about that. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]