FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red (theCOLOR) Possible Trick to Bypass COMPRESSION Artifacts?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Cathey
Red (theCOLOR) Possible Trick to Bypass COMPRESSION Artifacts?
on Feb 28, 2014 at 3:40:51 pm
Last Edited By Jeremy Cathey on Feb 28, 2014 at 3:48:59 pm

Hello wizards and wise ones of Creative Cow!

I have a naive question that I would love to hear some feedback on if you are willing to help me out.
I've been shooting a feature film for a few months now that has lots of red colors involved and knew this might propose a problem later in the editing process but from every editing sample I tried and tested things seemed to look good and I was content with the outcome...

Only recently did I start doing compression tests to see how well this footage might transfer onto DVDs for its possible small-scale distribution later on. The compression (and the color red) seem to really butcher what I thought was acceptable looking material in the Final Cut Pro editing workview and in sample .MOV files...

Is there any way that I can bypass compression to keep quality pristine and solid?
Would playing the .MOV file of the finished film on a TV (via flashdrive or laptop hook-up) whilst recording the entire project onto a DVD with a recording DVD player sneak past this little dilemma?
Not sure if this idea is the most foolish thing ever but I really don't want the quality of the film to suffer in the final result of all this hard work.

Any extra tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you for your time and wisdom. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]