FORUMS: list search recent posts

Combining a Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro Project

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Roesler
Combining a Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro Project
on Feb 22, 2014 at 6:00:16 pm

Hey guys...

I edited some stuff a while ago and I've decided to replace some of the footage in the clips.... unfortunately I edited this in premiere pro.

I'm trying to figure out a workflow that will allow me to combine the work from these very different codecs.

I'm editing the Premiere Pro stuff as it's native AVCHD codec, HD 1080p using a Sony FS100.. the Final Cut stuff obvioulsy is in ProRes.

I have failed every time I've tried to turn my 1080p footage into prores using Adobe Media Encoder. In fact, I can't even find a setting that allows me to export in 1080p... only 1080i into prores. This comes out looking crappy.

I suppose the best alternative would be to convert the prores stuff into a good codec to combine with premiere's stuff.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

FCP7

PP 6.0.5

ame whatever the most recent version is (from cs6)

---Trav

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Combining a Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro Project
on Feb 24, 2014 at 11:23:31 pm

[Travis Roesler] "I suppose the best alternative would be to convert the prores stuff into a good codec to combine with premiere's stuff. "

Current NLEs PremierePro CC and FCPX can both handle multiple codecs in a timeline. If you have AVCHD sources I'd convert those to ProRes rather than throwing away information by compression ProRes files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]