FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replacing 30p clips with 24p clips on the timeline

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Midas Whipple
Replacing 30p clips with 24p clips on the timeline
on Feb 21, 2014 at 6:42:44 pm

I am sorry if this is a duplicate, I looked and looked but couldn't find a fix for this.... it seems like something others surely have had a problem with.

We shot our footage RAW and converted it to DNG files

The person who made the low rez proxy files mistakenly created them at 30 frames per second

The editor created his edit using these files and when I created the colour corrected high quality version I did them at 24 fps (the proper frame rate)

When I replaced the 30p files with the 24p files (by renaming the folder so Vegas would use the new files instead of the old ones), all the times on the timeline were wrong (starting time, duration and end times) probably by the 6 fps difference that existed between the two file version...

Is there another way to replace proxy files than tricking Vegas into using the new files like I did?

Or how can I conform the timeline to produce the proper, start, end and length of the clips now that they are 24p instead of 30p.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Replacing 30p clips with 24p clips on the timeline
on Feb 24, 2014 at 11:29:14 pm

You may want to post this in the Vegas forum.
Not being a Vegas user, you may need to replace the files by hand.
It may also depend how those proxies were created. 24 in 30fps or inadvertently did a speed change.

Return to posts index

Midas Whipple
Re: Replacing 30p clips with 24p clips on the timeline
on Feb 25, 2014 at 4:29:58 am

Sorry, thought I had posted this in the Vegas forum, newbie here to forums, usually I find my answer before having to post. Not sure how it ended up in compression techniques!

I ended up going through and doing it manually with a calculator... not a lot of fun and I'm sure there's a faster way but I couldn't find it.

Thanks for the info though!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]